1.Service focus: In the Information Age, everyone is a potential relationship. A service mentality is not an ethical plus; it’s required.
2. Courage and sacrifice: Higher levels of service are the binding elements of effective leadership.
3. Relationships: Gaining advantage in isolated transactions cannot be the basis of a sustainable business model.
4. Value creation: Value is not based on how hard you’ve worked, or what you think you deserve, but solely on your customers’ judgment.
5. Values create value: In a time of customer empowerment and commoditization, advancing the values of customers can be a potent differentiator.
6. Vision is the essential element of leadership.
7. Management is part of leadership: In an age of accountability, the boss is out, the coach is in.
8. Best in world: is the only sustainable model in our connected world.
9.Listening: is the master skill in a relationship-based world.
10. Questions are better than answers; substitute the open ends of question marks for the closed ends of periods.
11. Influence: “The power to persuade” is now as necessary a skill for corporate CEOs as for politicians.
12. Communication skills cannot be delegated or outsourced; effective leaders must master an ever-evolving range of communications and expectations.
13. Collaboration: The smartest person in the room is always the room.
14. Create a stimulating ecosystem: Have a personal board of advisors. Search out mentors. Connect with people of accomplishment through social media.
15.Intergenerational learning: What are you learning from various generations?
16. International learning: A world of customers, competitors, prospects, and resources is just a mouse click away.
17. Resilience: You’re less likely to have your falls hidden behind the walls of large institutions. Are you able to get off the mat, get back into the ring?
18. Break boundaries: Don’t let others’ limitations apply to you.
19. Cultivate an experimenter’s mindset: Innovation includes false leads and failures. Today’s failure may be the basis of tomorrow’s breakthrough.
20. Optimism and alternative mindsets spread fast; it’s a leadership decision, not a matter of individual temperament.
21 Enthusiasm is the universal spirit that remains compelling.
22. Relentless adaptability: The value of your service is determined by your capacity to evolve in rapidly changing circumstances.
23. Vitality: Your physical, mental, and spiritual health constitutes the foundation of all service.
24. Think like an artist: Make every aspect of your experience a part of your evolution.
25 Achieve integrity: The sum of your parts can be united into a whole that only you can create