1. Treat Insect Bites - Make a paste out of baking soda and water.
2. Clean Brushes & Combs – Remove Oil buildup on hair products by soaking combs and brushes in a small bowl of warm water with 1 tsp baking soda in it. Rinse and allow to dry.
3. Soothe aching feet – Dissolve 3tablespoons of baking soda in a warm bath. Let feet soak and gently scrub.
4. Stop smoking oil spill in the oven – sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of the over the spill. When cold, scrub and wipe away residue.
5. Clean sponges – soak smelly sponges in 4 tablespoons of baking soda dissolved in 1 quart of warm water.
6. Clean batteries – baking soda can neutralize battery acid corrosion on cars, mowers, etc. because it is a mild alkali. To clean, disconnect the battery terminals. Make a paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1-part water and apply with a damp cloth and scrub corrosion from the battery terminal.
7. Freshen your fridge – place an opened box of baking soda in your refrigerator to neutralize odors.
8. Deodorize trash cans – sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of your trash can to help cut smells and odors.
9. Remove marks from walls – create a paste with 3 parts baking soda to 1-part water and use to scrub walls and remove crayon and other marks.
10. Remove grunge from grills – Sprinkle baking soda on your grill and scrub with a brush. Wipe clean with a damp rag.
11. Freshen up rugs – Sprinkle baking soda on rugs and let it sit for at least 15 minutes. Shake rugs clean or vacuum.
12. Get rid of dandruff – Massage scalp with a handful of baking soda to slough off dry skin.
13. Clean toothbrushes – soak bristle end of toothbrush in a mixture of ¼ cup water and ¼ cup baking soda. Let sit overnight and rinse.
14. Make fluffier omelets – Add ½ teaspoon of baking soda to every 3 eggs.
15. Relieve itchy skin – Sprinkle baking soda in a bath filled with warm water **and add ¼ cup of baby oil to help soften and relieve itchy skin.
16. Check soil acidity – Soil needs to be acidic for plants and vegetation to grow properly. To check if your soil is acidic enough, mix ¼ cup of baking soda with 2 cups of water then stir in 1 cup of soil. If the mixture bubbles, then your soil is acidic enough.
17. Deodorize drains – To deodorize sink and tub drains, pour ½ cup of baking soda down the drain while running warm tap water.
18. Poison Ivy Relief** – Mix baking soda with a little water and apply to affected area to soothe skin.
19. Unclog Drains – Pour one cup of baking soda followed by one cup of hot vinegar to unclog a drain.
20. Remove odor from hands – Remove the smell of fish, onion or garlic with a solution of 3 parts baking soda to 1-part water or liquid soap. Rinse off and dry.