1. If you are with a paranoid person and experiencing worry and despair, you are not alone.
2. Consolation and refutation will not likely alter paranoid convictions or delusions.
3. Professional help or meds can make a big difference and bring relief, not shame.
4. Do not argue with the delusion or collude, but be empathic with the fear. Go with the emotion, not the facts.
5. A paranoid or otherwise mentally ill person can contribute to family, work, and life in many positive ways.
6. Because of the circumscribed nature of the paranoid delusion in DDPT only those involved or accused may be aware of the severe psychopathology.
7. Gather, reflect, observe, and look below the surface before getting swept up into supporting a false claim