The 12 Golden Rules for Safe Gun Handling Cheat Sheet by Davidpol
The 12 Golden rules for Safe Gun Handling
rules handling safe gun golden
Introduction: Gun Safety Rules
You never fool around or play with guns. Guns are dangerous when they are not handled or used properly and can easily injure or kill you, and those around you. There are no second chances with a gun and the rules for safe gun handling must always be followed to avoid accidents.
The 12 Golden Rules for Safe Gun Handling
1. Always treat the gun as loaded.
2. Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
3. Always keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
4. Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
5. Never point the gun at anything you don't intend to destroy.
6. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
7. Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the gun you are using.
8. Always use proper Ammunition.
9. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before loading and shooting.
10. If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, hold your shooting position for several seconds; then with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, carefully unload the gun.
11. Don't rely on the gun's safety to keep it from firing.
12. Be aware of your surroundings when handling guns so you don't trip or lose your balance and accidentally point and/or fire the gun at anyone or anything.
General Range Safety Rules
1. Always keep firearms pointed in a safe direction.
2. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3. Always keep your gun unloaded until you are at the firing line and the range is declared "HOT." Firearms must be safe (unloaded - magazines removed and actions opened) when entering or exiting the range.
4. Cease Firing: Immediately stop shooting when anyone calls "Cease firing."
5. COLD Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure firearms are unloaded, actions open and firearms laid down on the shooting bench before going down range. No one is permitted to handle firearms or stand at the firing line while there is a cold range.
6. HOT Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure there is no one down range; when the range is declared "HOT" shooters are permitted to commence firing. Only shooters are permitted on the firing line. Shooters may move safe guns to and from the firing line only when the range is "HOT."
7. All shooters are responsible for their rounds staying within the confines of this range. Shooters may shoot only from the firing line at the target in line with their position. Shooting at items placed on the ground or at targets not posted at the appropriate height on the target frame enables rounds to escape the range.
8. Respect the Range: Please place your trash into the trash receptacles and your spent brass into the recycling receptacles. Tracer, armor piercing and incendiary ammunition is prohibited. When going downrange, stay on the walkways to and from the targets-access to the backstop and all areas outside of the target lines and walkways is prohibited.
9. Respect Yourself: Wear eye and ear protection. Food, beverages and smoking are not allowed on the firing line. You should wash your hands and face after shooting.
10. Respect Others: There is a one-hour time limit for use of the range if patrons are waiting.
Download the The 12 Golden Rules for Safe Gun Handling Cheat Sheet
Your Download Will Begin Automatically in 5 Seconds.