Casting Magic Pre-Requisites
Magic Characteristic of 1 or More
Must Know the Channeling Skill
Must Speak an Arcane Language
Must have atleast one of the talents; Petty Magic, Arcane, Dark, or Divine Lore
Channeling and Ingredients
Two main methods to increase your chances to successfully cast a spell.
*Make a Channeling Skill Test
*Use Special Ingredients
Channeling: Is a half action, so is casting a spell. So use this before you attempt to cast to give you a bonus to your casting roll that is equal to your Magic Characteristic. Use your Will score for attempts.
Ingredients +1 to +3 to Casting roll. You must be in posession of items. GM's discretion.
1. Look at Casting Number and Casting Time
2. Decide Rather to Use Channeling or Ingredients
3. Apply any modifiers such as armor penalties, protective circle bonuses, or other 'outside' influences to roll.
4. Caster can roll 1d10 to a maximum of his Magic Characteristic.
5. If you can perform the spell in round, then the rolled number + any modifiers must be equal to or higher than the spell's Casting Number.
6. If it requires more than 1 turn to cast or channel and cast, then concentration must be kept.
7. Determine any failures, curses, or side effects.
Limitations and Modifiers
Must be able to speak or move freely
Must be able to moderately concentrate. If not, make a channeling test.
Protective Circles requires a half action to create and requires a channeling test.
Light Armor: -1 Casting Roll
Medium Armor: -3 Casting Roll
Heavy Armor: -5 Casting Roll
Shield: -1 Casting Roll
If in an area where the winds of magic are strong and the spell's lore matches +2 Casting Roll
If all d10's come up as 1, the spell fails. Also must make a Will Power Test, if failed, caster gets +1 Insanity.
Tzeentch's Curse (Arcane)
If you are an arcane spellcaster, Tzeentch’s Curse takes effect when you
roll doubles, triples, or quaclruples on your Casting Roll. Equates to a Minor, Major, and Catastrophic Chaos Manifestations tables.
Despite Tzeentclfs Curse, if you meet or beat the Casting Number, the
spell is still cast successfully.
Wrath of the Gods (divine)
If you are a divine spellcaster, when you roll doubles or triples on your
Casting Roll, you must roll on The Wrath of the Gods table.